Creating kitchens and baths for finicky customers since 1993


backsplash features inset metal tiles for accent and texture

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fresh pictures posted on Featured Projects page -- your feedback welcome!


by Jim Bessey

accent tiles in wall band and niche jazz up tan tile surround
This tan tile was almost boring -- until we added the accent tiles!
With a light rain falling this morning, today was a fine day for digging through my photo archives. I've been meaning to post new pictures on the Featured Projects page, but had kept being sidetracked by other, more pressing, deadlines.

Trouble is, even though I don't take dozens of pictures from each job, I've still accumulated hundreds of photos without any helpful organization. So I had to do some organizing. First I backed up a big batch of work pics, then I began slashing.

Two pics too similar? One of them had to go. Overexposed? Gone. Boring? Delete. I fixed and lightened and cropped and shuffled folders, renaming both folders and images so the names made sense--not just dates and job names.

While I was doing that, I put together three CD's with assorted images for Scott Bacon, at McKenna's Rochester Kitchen & Bath, the company I do remodeling work for. He's been polite about asking me for the past few weeks. Now I can finally hand him something useful.

So I've added a variety of interesting tile project pics to that long-neglected page, too, finally. I'll keep going, now that I can see what's what. Have a look, and if you see something you like (or hate?) please do leave a Comment here. Thanks!
_______________________________________________
If you have tile project pictures or helpful project advice you'd like to share, please leave a Comment here or contact me directly. ~Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment